NY Housing Laws Basics
NY laws are codified into Consolidated Laws of New York. Titles of NY’s consolidated laws pertaining to housing include the following:
- General Obligations Law
- Real Property Law
- Real Property Actions Proceedings Law
- Multiple Dwelling Law
- Multiple Residence Law.
Moreover, several of NY’s unconsolidated laws include provisions relating to rent control and/or rent stabilization. Those laws include:
- Local Emergency Housing Rent Control
- New York City Rent Control Law
- Emergency Tenant Protection Act
- Emergency Housing Rent Control Law
- New York City Rent Stabilization.
Sources of NY Consolidated and Unconsolidated Laws
Below are links to sources of NY consolidated and unconsolidated laws.