Tax Case Law Reporters
Any federal reporter publishing decisions of courts adjudicating federal tax disputes can contain judicial tax case law. Below are links to a selection of reporters focusing on cases involving federal tax issues. For the most part, the titles of the reporters inform on the types of cases covered by the individual publications.
Abbreviations, Tax Case Law
Below are pertinent abbreviations.
- American Federal Tax Reports, 2nd=A.F.T.R.2d (RIA)
- Board of Tax Appeals Memorandum Decisions=B.T.A.M. or B.T.A. Mem. Dec.
- Reports of United States Board of Tax Appeals=B.T.A.
- Reports of the United States Tax Courts=T.C.
- Tax Court Memorandum Decisions=T.C.M. (RIA) or (CCH))
- Tax Court Reported Decisions=Tax Ct. Rep. Dec. (RIA)
- Tax Court Reporter= T.C.R. (CCH) or (RIA)
- United States Tax Cases=U.S.T.C.