Abbreviations, Tax Case Law
Below are pertinent abbreviations.
- American Federal Tax Reports, 2nd=A.F.T.R.2d (RIA)
- Board of Tax Appeals Memorandum Decisions=B.T.A.M. or B.T.A. Mem. Dec.
- Reports of United States Board of Tax Appeals=B.T.A.
- Reports of the United States Tax Courts=T.C.
- Tax Court Memorandum Decisions=T.C.M. (RIA) or (CCH) or (P-H)
- Tax Court Reported Decisions=Tax Ct. Rep. Dec. (RIA)
- Tax Court Reporter= T.C.R. (CCH) or (RIA)
- United States Tax Cases=U.S.T.C.
Citation, Tax Case Law
The following citation resources may be informative.
- Bluebook R.10, Cases
- Bluebook R. 19, Services
- Bluebook T1.1. Federal Judicial and Legislative Materials, esp. Tax Court
- Bluebook T1.2, Federal Administrative & Executive Materials
- Bluebook T15, Services
- Tax Cite, Pt. D, Cases (Among other information, this publication provides a chart outlining official and unofficial reporters for decisions emanating out of a range of courts and entities.)