This guide covers essential EU law-related sources in print and online. Links go to online sources or to more information about print sources owned by the NYU Law Library.
Last Updated: Aug 3, 2017
Terminology, EU languages, dictionaries
- IATE, InterActive Terminology for Europe, Europa
For terms within a specific context, select a domain, e.g., Law, in the Optional criteria box.
- Eurovoc, the EU's multilingual thesaurus
See About EuroVoc for a description of the database.
The N-Lex search page links you to Eurvoc so that you can find the translation of your search term in other languages.
- Tools and manuals for writers and publishers, Europa Style Guide
Translation and drafting aids for all EU languages includes links to online dictionaries, glossaries and other national sites related to translation among the EU languages, the EU interinstitutional style guide, ISO country codes, etc.
- Glossary, Europa related to European integration, institutions and activities.
- Glossary of Labour Law and Industrial Relations: With Special Reference to the European Union (ILO, 2005).
- Commission page on EU languages, Europa
- Main acronyms and initialisms, Europa Interinstitutional Style Guide