National law & policy of EU Member States
Foreign Law by Jurisdiction, NYU Law Library
EUR-Lex: For links to or lists of national implementing laws, find your directive in EUR-Lex or in the Directory of European Union Legislation in Force and click on the NIM tab at the top of the screen.
EUR-Lex National law tab:
- N-Lex: A Common Gateway to National Law A common search form, searchable in any EU language, to search the free national databases of legislation. To find EU terminology in the different EU languages, use the EUROVOC thesaurus.
- National Implementing Measures Search form for finding national legislation that implements an EU directive.
- National case-law Search form for finding EU-related case law from EU Member States, Canada, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, the EFTA, and the European Court of Human Rights.
- JURE – jurisdiction and the recognition and enforcement of judgments in civil and commercial matters Cases on the Brussels Convention, Lugano Conventions and Brussels Regulations.
- IPEX, EU Interparliamentary Exchange: Documents: opinions from Member State Parliaments on draft EU legislation
- COSAC, Conference of Parliamentary Committees for Union Affairs of Parliaments of the European Union
- IPEX, the platform for EU Interparliamentary Exchange. Documents database includes national parliament opinions on draft legislative proposals.
- Dec.Nat National Decisions on EU law, Associations of Councils of State and Supreme Administrative Jurisdictions of the European Union (ACA-Europe) Also lists some books and commentary.
- European eJustice Portal
WestlawNext (requires password): Find the directive, then click on "National Measures" just below the document heading.
European Current Law, 1992-. Monthly digest of legislation and cases. Cumulated in European Current Law Yearbook. B2 North KJC30 .E96
Implementation in specific areas
For other works on national implementing law, search the Law Library's JULIUS catalog with keywords such as legislation, implementation, european, and/or directive, and a keyword for your topic. Examples are below.
- Common Market Reporter. Doing Business in Europe (looseleaf).
- Doing Business in France (looseleaf).
- Tax Planning International European Tax Service . Briefing service on EU tax legislation and implementation in Member States.
- The Dutch Implementation of the Data Retention Directive: On the Storage and Use of Telephone and Internet Traffic Data for Crime Investigation Purposes (2014)