A guide to locating U.S. government documents at the NYU School of Law Library and on the internet.
Last Updated: Nov 9, 2017
Other frequently used publications & websites
- United States Courts Opinions, FDsys
PDFs of opinions from selected United States appellate, district, bankruptcy, and other courts, April 2004-, with links to related opinions from an opinion's More Information page. Opinions are authenticated with digital signatures. The eagle logo indicates that the document has not been altered.
- GAO Reports, U.S. Government Accountability Office
- Harmonized Tariff Schedule, U.S. International Trade Commission
- Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics, archived at Univ. of Albany School of Criminal Justice
This publication has ceased.
- Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics, 1983-2003
- Executive Orders and Other Presidential Documents: Sources and Explanations, LLSDC Source Book
- Popular Government Publications, NYU Bobst Library
- Federal Courts Web Archive, Library of Congress
An archive of materials from the U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. Courts of Appeals, U.S. District Courts, U.S. Bankruptcy Courts, U.S. Court of Federal Claims, U.S. Court of International Trade, U.S. Tax Court, U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, and U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, including slip opinions, transcripts, dockets, court rules, calendars, announcements, judicial biographies, statistics, educational resources, and reference materials.
- Slip Laws: public and private
104th Cong., 1995-96 to date.
- Statutes at Large, Law Library of Congress
Vols. 1-64, 1st-81st Cong., 1789-1950.
- Statutes at Large
Vol. 65, 82nd Cong., 1951 to date.
- Statutes at Large, HeinOnline
- Statutes at Large, Proquest Congressional
- United States Code, FDsys
- United States Code--HeinOnline
- United States Code. Office of the Law Revision Counsel
Search, browse and download the U.S. Code. Tables include Popular Names, a table for finding U.S.C. starting with a Statutes at Large citation and a table for locating the U.S.C. location of newly enacted laws.
- Laws subject to Presidential signing statements