This guide presents the essential sources for researching the former GATT and the current system under the Uruguay Round agreements and the World Trade Organization. NOTE: Main tabs list general sources that might not be repeated in the dropdown tabs.
Last Updated: Apr 21, 2017
FINDING BOOKS IN THE NYU LAW LIBRARY
Search the Law Library's JULIUS catalog for books, reporters, treaty collections, etc.
NYU Law faculty and students may place interlibrary loan requests for material not owned or available through NYU Law Library or Bobst Library.
- Bobcat, NYU Bobst Library catalog
- Catalogs of other libraries
- To identify eBooks not listed yet in Julius, search directly in the publisher's database
Oxford, Cambridge, Brill, Routledge, Elgar, Bloomsbury (Hart), Springer, etc.
- Global Books in Print
- Oxford Bibliographies
To identify the major works on a topic.
- Hague Academy Collected Courses, HeinOnline
- Recueil des Cours, Hague Academy of International Law
- Collected Courses of the Academy of European Law
Specific titles can be identified in Julius. They are all shelved together in Bound Periodicals K3 .O3437. Any volumes online will be listed in Julius.
- Book reviews, European Journal of International Law
- Expert, scholarly and professional organizations
- Oxford Scholarly Authorities in International Law
Texts of OUP classics, such as Oppenheim, Brierly and the Commentary on the UN Charter, and some newer works.
- Oxford Handbooks online
Tip: Use the Oxford Index (bottom right corner of any screen) to search across OUP books and journals.
- Databases on various subjects
Julius: Find Databases--Subjects
- Oxford Law Citator
Use the Oxford Law Citator to discover additional cases, treaties, books, articles, and other materials on your topic.
Catalog of the UN libraries in New York and Geneva. It does include some non-UN publications.
- Peace Palace Library catalog
- Public International Law: A Current Bibliography of Books and Articles
Max Planck Institute for Comparative Public Law and International Law
- Other publications of the Max Planck Institute
- Selected free books, journals, etc., WorldLII, World Legal Information Institute
Use the search engine at the top, or select Catalog--Subjects in the left navigation bar.
- OECD iLibrary, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- World Bank eLibrary
- World Bank Open Knowledge Repository
- The European Library
Search the collections of national libraries in Europe and leading European research libraries. Service will cease in 2017.
- Find eR
Catalog of the European Commission Libraries. Includes links to some full-text publications.
- EU Bookshop
Includes some free PDFs.
- EU Publications Office catalog
- OAPEN, Open Access Publishing in European Networks
- Making of Modern Law, Foreign, Comparative and International Law
Books from 1600 through 1926.
- WTO Publications
- Charles Szladits, Selective Bibliography of Comparative Law, 1965
- Szladits' Bibliography on Foreign and Comparative Law, 1790-1990
- Szladits, A Bibliography on Foreign and Comparative Law