This guide presents the essential sources for researching the former GATT and the current system under the Uruguay Round agreements and the World Trade Organization. NOTE: Main tabs list general sources that might not be repeated in the dropdown tabs.
Last Updated: Aug 3, 2017
The Understanding on Rules and Procedures Governing the Settlement of Disputes (DSU) is the main agreement covering the WTO dispute settlement process.
- Dispute settlement rules, DSU, procedures and reports, wto.org
- Dispute settlement process--outline, wto.org
- Flowchart of the dispute settlement process, wto.org
- Online training module, wto.org
- Understanding on Rules and Procedures Governing the Settlement of Disputes, Marrakesh Agreement Establishing the World Trade Organization, Annex 2, 1869 U.N.T.S. 401, HeinOnline United Nations Law Collection
- The WTO Dispute Settlement Procedures: A Collection of the Relevant Legal Texts. 2d ed.