This guide lists essential print and online sources for researching foreign law. NOTE: First 4 tabs list important general sources that might not be repeated in the dropdown tabs.
Last Updated: Jul 12, 2017
- Oxford Constitutional Law
Contains regularly updated, fully-translated English-language versions of all of the worlds constitutions. The constitutions are accompanied by individual commentaries and supplementary materials, including foundation documents, historical constitutions, and amendment Acts/laws, and a collection of scholarly monographs.
- World Constitutions Illustrated
Includes each country's constitution in its original language(s) and in English translation. Also includes books, periodicals and other works related to constitutions.
- Constitute: The World's Constitutions to Read, Search and Compare, Comparative Constitutions Project
The Comparative Constitutions Project (CCP) is directed by the University of Texas, Department of Government and the University of Chicago, Law School, in cooperation with the Cline Center for Democracy at the University of Illinois. The project is supported by the National Science Foundation.
- Political Science Resources
Contains a collection of constitutions links to Wuerzburg, various documents including UN Charter, GATT, Treaty of Rome, Maastricht, Human Rights documents etc.
- ACCPUF Association Association des Cours Constitutionnelles ayant en Partage l'Usage du Français
On the home page, select an institution/country for access to principal constitutional documents, court decisions and country reports to ACCPUF.
- CODICES, Venice Commission, Council of Europe
Database of constitutional documents and case law.
- Bulletin on Constitutional Case, Venice Commission, Council of Europe
Summaries of the most important decisions sent in by the constitutional courts or their equivalents of nearly 50 countries, the European Court of Human Rights and the Court of Justice of the European Communities.
- Constitution Finder, University of Richmond School of Law
In various languages with some English translations.
- European Constitutional Law Network
Links to constitutional courts.