This guide lists essential print and online sources for researching foreign law. NOTE: First 4 tabs list important general sources that might not be repeated in the dropdown tabs.
Last Updated: Apr 24, 2017
- Bermuda Judiciary, Judgments & Legal References
Judgments of the Court of Appeals and Supreme Court back to 2007.
- Bermuda Laws Online, Ministry of Legal Affairs and the Attorney-General's Chambers
Constitution, Annual Laws (the Public Acts and Statutory Instruments, 1993 to present, as originally enacted) and Consolidated Laws (all Public Acts and Statutory Instruments as amended by subsequent amending legislation). Also lists laws not in force and laws repealed or revoked.
- Bermuda Parliament
House of Assembly bills, parliamentary questions, Hansard, publications, order papers, speeches. Senate business papers, minutes, parliamentary questions, standing orders.
- Bermuda Small Claims Procedure
Contains machine-produced English translations of the legislation of Bermuda. Warning: Machine-based translations should not be relied upon in important documents and writings.
- International treaties that have been extended to Bermuda, UK Treaties Online
- Judicial Committee of the Privy Council Decisions, BAILII
Court of last of resort for Bermuda. Includes decision from 1809 to present.
- RIA Worldwide Tax and Commercial Law
Use the 'Table of Contents' tab to navigate to this title. Countries arranged in alphabetic order. Includes the full text of the tax and commercial law of Bermuda.
- Royal Gazette
Statutory Instruments and other legal notices must be published in the Royal Gazette, which is the government-appointed official gazette.
- Selected list of UK Statutory Instruments that apply to Bermuda