This guide lists essential sources in print and online for researching the law-related activities of the League of Nations and the United Nations. NOTE: Main tabs list general sources that might not be repeated in the dropdown tabs.
Last Updated: Oct 5, 2017
- UNBISnet Voting Records
UNBISNET records have the most detailed information about speeches and votes.
- Meetings and Outcomes, United Nations Dag Hammarskjöld Library
Outcome and votes for Security Council resolutions, 1994-current.
- Negative votes of permanent members at public meetings of the Security Council
Table at p. 13 in Report of the Open-ended Working Group on the Question of Equitable Representation on and Increase in the Membership of the Security Council and Other Matters related to the Security Council, U.N. GAOR, 58th Sess., U.N. Doc. A/58/47. Provides U.N. Doc. symbol for the draft resolution.
- Resolutions and Decisions Adopted by the General Assembly during its [ ] session, 1946-, UNBISnet and ODS
Information about the vote on draft resolutions in the plenary has been included in this cumulation since the 59th session.
- UN Documentation: Security Council: Voting Information, UN Dag Hammarskjöld Library
- UN Documentation: General Assembly: Voting Information, UN Dag Hammarskjöld Library
- Press releases, UN.org
Will have information about the vote IF the resolution was adopted by a roll-call vote.
- Index to Proceedings, United Nations Dag Hammarskjöld Library (GA, ECOSOC and SC)
Information on votes and a list of documents issued during the session. Also used to identify meetings by subject, and speeches by subject and speaker's name.