Individual CRS Reports
The Congressional Research Service (CRS) is an agency within the Library of Congress that performs research for members of Congress.
Below is a sampling of CRS reports relating to SSI, Medicaid, and SNAP:
- Supplemental Security Income: Accounts Not Counted As Resources (2011) (Available for purchase from Penny Hill Press)
- Supplemental Security Income ( 2011) (Available for purchase from Penny Hill Press)
- Primer on Disability Benefits: Social Security Disability Insurance (DDSI) and Supplemental Security Incomes (SSI) (2014)
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI): The Disability Determination and Appeals Process (CRS 2006)
- State Medicaid Program Administration: A Brief Overview (2008)
- Medicaid: A Primer (2012)
- Coverage of the TANF Population Under Medicaid and SCHIP (2006)
- The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP): Categorical Eligibility
- Reauthorization of SNAP and Other Nutrition Programs in the Next Farm Bill: Issues for the 113th Congress
- Reducing SNAP (Food Stamp) Benefits: Provided by the ARRA: P.L. 111-226 & S. 3307 ( 2010)
Databases & Websites Offering CRS Reports
Many CRS reports are not available online. Sources for publically-available CRS reports include: databases and commercial publishers. In addition, Congressional representatives will often provide copies of certain reports on request.
Below are links to sources offering CRS reports: