This guide lists essential sources for specialized areas of international law.
Last Updated: Oct 13, 2017
UN human rights websites & search engines
- Jurisprudence database (treaty bodies), UN OHCHR
Views and decisions from the United Nations Treaty Bodies which receive and consider complaints from individuals: the Human Rights Committee (CCPR), the Committee against Torture (CAT), the Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW), the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD), the Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD), the Committee on Enforced Disappearances (CED), the Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (CESCR), and the Committee on the Rights of the Child (CRC).
- Universal Human Rights Index, UN OHCHR
Country-specific human rights information from the UN international human rights mechanisms: the Treaty Bodies, the Special Procedures and the Universal Periodic Review (UPR).
- Treaty bodies search, UN OHCHR
- Charter-based bodies document search, UN OHCHR
- WorldLII International Courts and Tribunals Collection