This guide lists essential sources for specialized areas of international law.
Last Updated: Oct 13, 2017
Agreements, documents, legislation, & case law
- ECOLEX, the Gateway to Environmental Law
Portal for the combined environmental information of FAO, IUCN and UNEP, including information on treaties, international soft-law and other non-binding policy and technical guidance documents, national legislation, judicial decisions, and law and policy literature. Abstracts, plus full text for most materials.
- ENTRI Environmental Treaties and Resource Indicators, CIESIN, Earth Institute, Columbia University
- International Environmental Agreements Database Project, Ronald B. Mitchell, Univ. of Oregon
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
- INFORMEA United Nations Information Portal on Multilateral Agreements
- DELC, UNEP Division of Environmental Law and Conventions
- FAOLEX, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- CIESIN Online Tools and Applications
- ELAW Environmental Law Alliance Worldwide
- EEL European Environmental Law website, Center for International & European Law, Asser Institute
- WaterLex Legal Database
Database of legal documents and human rights standards and principles submitted by academics and practitioners.
- International Environment Reporter, Bloomberg BNA
- The Environmental Law Reporter
- Environment & Safety Resource Center
See also related tabs in this guide, e.g.