WTO and GATT materials
To navigate this guide, use the tabs and dropdown tabs above or the links below.
For more assistance, please visit or contact the NYU Law Library Reference Desk, Jeanne.Rehberg@nyu.edu or Sarah.Jaramillo@nyu.edu.
- Websites, databases, news & discussion: wto.org, Westlaw, LexisNexis, TradeLawGuide.com, WorldTradeLaw.net, newsletters, & blogs
- Books and articles: Selected lists and how to find more.
- The Agreements: sources for reading and citing them; GATT 1947
- Negotiating history: travaux préparatoires. Status: ratifications & ongoing negotiations
- U.S. and the WTO: citation of U.S. sources, govt websites, legislative history
- WTO structure and membership: organizational chart, member pages
- Schedules and tariffs: where to find them
- WTO dispute settlement: finding the disputes, "pleadings," books on dispute settlement
- Official documents for the former GATT period and the current WTO period
- Trade Policy Reviews
- Research guides, statistics, and terminology
- Outline and Contact
This guide provides links to a variety of databases, several of which are limited to NYU Law faculty and students. Information for NYU Law students and faculty on obtaining passwords for WestlawNext, Lexis Advance and Bloomberg is available here.