- www.wto.org Use the navigation drop-downs across the top of the home page, especially The WTO, Trade Topics, Resources, and Documents.
- NYU Law Library Guide to International and Foreign Databases--International Trade http://www.law.nyu.edu/library/
- Guide to Electronic Sources for International Law
International Economic Law, Private International Law, International Commercial Arbitration, International Intellectual Property Law, etc. By the American Society of International Law
- WorldTradeLaw.net The free part of this website provides full texts of the WTO and NAFTA agreements; searchable GATT panel reports, WTO panel and appellate reports and arbitration decisions; and NAFTA Chapters 19 and 20 decisions and other NAFTA decisions, but not Chapter 11. Paid subscribers also get the editors' WTO Dispute Settlement Commentaries, the WTO Case Law Index to the Commentaries, and Subject-Matter Pages that list WTO disputes and GATT reports by major topics.
- TradeLawGuide.com Start with the FREE research guide "How to Methodically Research WTO Law Using TradeLawGuide's Research Tools."
The Search box on the main page searches across all of the content in the database.
TradeLawGuide is designed to produce methodical and comprehensive research into the dispute reports, awards and decisions of the WTO. Use the Research Tools tabs to find:
° all the provisions in WTO agreements that relate to your legal issues--Subject Navigator
° dispute reports, awards and decisions on particular subjects--In the Subject Navigator, some provisions are annotated with lists of cases. In the Selected Annotated Agreements tab, some of the agreements have been annotated, i.e., lists of relevant disputes are linked to each article of the agreement.)
° dispute reports, awards and decisions on particular articles of the agreements--Article Citator
° dispute reports, awards and decisions that cite rules of treaty interpretation, e.g., Vienna Convention; DSU--Interpretation tab
° articles and cases that cite particular terms and phrases--Terms & Phrases
° cases via full-text searching--Text Search
° whether, where and how the WTO and GATT cases, by specific paragraphs and footnotes, have been subsequently cited by the Appellate Body, panels and arbitrators in the context of legal reasoning and finding--Jurisprudence Citator
° discussion about a particular policy or issue arising from WTO jurisprudence in the DSB--DSB Minutes
Jurisprudence tab: find GATT and WTO dispute reports, awards and decisions
Document tab: find documents from WTO disputes, e.g., request for consulation, notice of appeal, etc.
TIP: Use the Short Titles button at the top right to translate short titles, e.g., Argentina--ceramic tiles, to full titles with WTO document symbols and dates.
The Negotiating History tab contains a list of Uruguay Round documents, plus downloadable copies of about 1700 documents including the principal negotiating texts and key working group documents.
- WESTLAW (requires a password):
WTO-DEC: GATT dispute reports, 1948-94
WTO dispute reports, 1995-
WESTLAW also has an International Trade tab (Add a tab--Topical) that you can add to your WESTLAW page.
- LexisNexis (requires a password):
In the Find A Source box, type "GATT" to retrieve a list of databases, including the dispute settlement decisions of the GATT and the WTO starting with 1948.
Go to Area of Law by Topic>More>International Trade, for a list of legal agreements, decisions, U.S. administrative law sources, and books and journals.
- International trade and investment databases accessible via the NYU Law Library. To find databases on this and other topics, see How do I...find databases.
- Translex, a free research and codification platform for transnational law. A project of Prof. Dr. Klaus Peter Berger of the Center for Transnational Law (CENTRAL) at Cologne Univ. Search for key principles and commentary text about them; conventions, model and national laws, etc.; bibliographic references; and websites.