To identify decisions on specific topics or articles of an agreement from a GATT or WTO dispute settlement body or WTO Appellate Body, start with the relevant Analytical Index below. Produced by the Legal Affairs Division of the WTO Secretariat, these two publications are guides to the interpretation and application of the agreements. Use the subject index that appears at the end of the volume or look under the article of the agreement that you are researching.
NOTE: To identify cases subsequent to the coverage of these two guides, use the tools in the next box.
- GATT Analytical Index: Guide to GATT Law and Practice, 6th ed. 1995, wto.org
Covers only the GATT and only through Jan. 1, 1995. Also covers the drafting history of the GATT.
- GATT Analytical Index, print copy at Reference Desk
- WTO Analytical Index: Guide to WTO Law and Practice, 3d ed. 2012, wto.org
Coverage starts with Jan. 1, 1995. A supplement is available through a link on the opening page. Covers dispute settlement under all the WTO agreements, but not the drafting history of the WTO agreements.
- Analytical Index Supplement, wto.org
Available through a link on the opening page of the Analytical Index. Covers Oct. 1, 2011, to June 4, 2015.
- WTO Analytical Index, print copy at Reference Desk